Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Gettimg it together this week. Planning to come home on September 1. Training others in the office.

Because there is not another Missionary couple to take our place we are training Karen Rodas and Diana Garcia in Sala de Prensa, Opinion Leader programs and also Public Affairs Training program.
 This is Alberto Marves my neighbor in the office.  He has helped me with numerous translations.
Elder Al with Karen Rodas to the right of Al and Diana Garcia just next to her.  They will both help with the programs and when the new couple comes, whenever that is, they will train them.  I trained them both with the corus program for Sala de Prensa Mormona.
 
We haven't heard of a new couple yet.  We understand that some have been approached but because of health issues, no language skills or computer skills or just no interest there is not a couple called.
 
I can say this after all is said and done, that it has been an experience that has added greater perspective to my life and deeper understanding of our lives here on earth.  What I learned has been added to myself and to my husband Al.  There is no other way to gain these things.  When we return home we will apply what we have learned to continue on with our lives and to our children and grandchildren.
 
Seriously, it wasn't hard.  The Lord provides a way in ways unimaginable.  I am very amazed at the way things have been shown to us that we would have not found ourselves. I know you have seen lots of pictures of places we have been but you have also seen pictures of school children receiving school kits and mothers in hospitals receiving baby kits as they have nothing.  You have seen our trainings in Stakes.  You have seen the amazing Comfort Ship and the fact that the LDS Church has contributed to all these causes.  Public Opinion leaders see this through the efforts of Sala de Prensa Mormona Central America.  I loved writing the articles and publishing them for Sala de Prensa (Newsroom).  My computer skills contributed to this effort and I was able to learn some Spanish.  No I am not fluent but I did get around ok.    Heavenly Father lives and he knows us.  My testimony is that this is true.  In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
 
I loved my mission.  Glad I came.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you have loved your mission...It has been a blessing to see how things are going in another part of the world through your eyes!

    ReplyDelete